January 10, 2007
A Little Bit of Nothing
Guess who didn't visit while I was sleeping last night? The Magic Ice Tray Fairy.
Wah. I hate lukewarm beverages.
It's my own fault, of course.
I shoulda. I coulda. But I didna.
So what's on the agenda today? How is everybody's Wednesday shaping up? I haven't done much with mine so far. But I will. Later. Really. Right after I get to those ice trays.
I don't have much to say this morning. Or rather, I do, but it's all a little scattered. Oh, what the heck, I'll just go with it all.
1. Looking forward to Jan. 21, when The Dresden Files premieres on the sci-fi channel. Consequently, this is also the day my status as nerd is officially undeniable.
2. Debating whether or not to make my own sheets for the baby's crib. If I don't, I have to pay out the nose for them because of their unusual measurements. I can't see paying $16 for two tiny fitted sheets, PLUS shipping, if I can do it myself. How hard could it be?
3. Thinking it's maybe not a good thing that the pizza delivery guy said "See you next week" when he left yesterday.
4. Appreciating the fact that I have "connections" now for real estate and auto purchases here in B'ham. (When the time comes. Which will be soon, hopefully!)
5. Still bawling over Smallville the other day when Clark's dad... *sniff* I don't wanna talk about it. Poor Clarky.
6. After a recommendation from a fellow pregnant friend, looking forward to trying out Prilosec OC for this dang heartburn.
7. Wishing for a flake or two of snow, but knowing that's overly optimistic.
8. Happy that a Christmas gift I sent Dec. 15th FINALLY reached it's destination. Thank you, US Post Office. Only three weeks late this time.
9. Enjoying the new slippers, the Eucalyptus Spearmint body wash, and Starbucks coffee I got for Christmas.
10. Revelling in the $170 in gift cards I have to spend on baby stuff and whatnot. I've been on a dozen shopping expeditions in my head so far.
11. Loving, and hating, Breathe Right Strips. I gotta have them for this pregnancy congestion when I sleep, but I hate the way they make your nostrils flare out. I look like I took a sucker punch to the nose. (Oh, the vanity.)
12. Okay, that's enough. I won't subject you to anymore sheer randomness. As a matter of fact, please accept my apology for wasting the last ten minutes of your day. Hurry- hop over to your favorite Real News Blog and pretend this never happened, mkay?
See ya tomorrow.
(I promise to write about something other than my shock at the magical reappearance of a lost pair of earrings after two years, and my latest craving for maraschino cherries.)
Life in Lists | By WonderGirl | 11:16 AM
Thanks for always writing something that makes me laugh out loud...I needed that tonight! Love you!!!
Posted by: Amy Voeller at January 10, 2007 11:06 PM
Thanks for the Unisom B6 tip. Making your own baby sheets is definitely worth it. They are super easy and come out much cuter than anything you can find in stores.
Posted by: hollie at January 11, 2007 9:03 AM
Oh, don't stop... I love your updates... and I suspect over this coming year your Uncle Clinton will love them more than ever, too...
Posted by: spiderlillies at January 11, 2007 3:09 PM